Here is a step-by-step plan for scaling up a cold email campaign:
1. Start with a small number of emails: Begin with a small batch of emails and understand how your recipients respond to the email. This will help you understand the email opening and conversion rates.
2. Define the Ideal Customer Profile (ICP): Define the personas of your ideal customers based on demographics, firmographics, and other characteristics. This will ensure that your email campaigns are targeted correctly.
3. Build a targeted list of prospects: Once you have identified your ICP, you can start building a targeted list. You can do it yourself or use a database provider to procure a clean email list.
4. Personalize your emails: Personalize the emails as much as possible with the recipient's name, company name, and other details to increase the likelihood of engagement.
5. Test and refine email copy: Before sending emails at scale, test your email copy on a small sample of prospects. Continuously tweak and refine the copy to improve conversions.
6. Segment the prospects: Break prospects down into smaller segments to personalize the emails better. This increases the relevance of the emails, improving open rates and conversions.
7. Scaling the Campaigns: Define the number of leads you need in a given time frame, select your email productivity goals, determine the number of prospects you need to reach to meet your productivity, break down campaigns to smaller batches so that they don't exceed sending limits and continue to refine your email copy and targeting.
Formula to Scale up Cold Email Campaigns:
The formula to scale up your cold email campaigns is:
Number of Prospects Required = Number of leads needed ÷ Conversion rate
If you need to acquire 50 new customers per month and your conversion rate from the previous month’s email campaign was 7%, you would require roughly 715 prospects. (Formula: 50 ÷ 7% = 714.28)
Sing up with sendcrux.com to automate your cold email campaigns